Welcome to St. John Neumann’s Confirmation Formation!
I am here to make this a meaningful and rewarding process in the completion of your child’s initiation into the Church. If you have any questions or concerns about anything please feel free to contact me, Nancy Groves, at [email protected]rcc.com, or at work 410-208-2956 ext. 215.
There are three sacraments of initiation into the Catholic Church and Confirmation completes this initiation for your child. It is the goal of this program that each candidate be prepared for 1) on-going conversion and the life long Journey of Faith that includes reconciliation and Eucharist 2) the mission of the Church, how the Holy Spirit prepares us for our personal responsibility with charisms and gifts and 3) developing a personal relationship with Christ in prayer, especially through Lectio Divina.
Below you will find an overview of this year’s program and a check list of everything that needs to be turned in along with their DUE date. Please be sure to mark your calendars and check for any conflicts with other activities. If there is an unavoidable absence for any reason there will either be a “make up” session or work sent home depending on what class is missed.
- Registration form and payment DUE in August
- Baptismal certificate DUE in August
- Signed Bulletins from September 25th until Confirmation (dropped off in Church Library in designated box)
- Sponsorship Certificate DUE in November
- Saint Essay DUE December 3, 2017
Confirmation Formation at a Glance
- Overnight Retreat - November 3-4
- 11 Confirmation Prep Classes
- Parents and sponsor are invited to attend all classes
- Participation in one or two Parish Activities recommended
- Advent Wreath Making
- Easter Basket Project
- Parish Dinners
- Sacramental Prep Workshops for 2nd Graders
- 1 Saint Essay
God Bless you all!